Assam HS TET
It is to inform all the aspiring candidates of Teachers’ Eligibility Test (TET) for Higher Secondary Education that, the examination date of has been rescheduled to 8th February, 2014 due to unavoidable circumstances.
Instruction for Downloading Admit Card for HS TET-13-14
It is for general information to all the successfully applied candidates of Teachers’ Eligibility Test (TET) for Higher Secondary Education that online admit card download procedure will commence w.e.f 31.01.2014 from 12.00 noon onwards & will be available till 08.02.2014. Candidates are hereby requested to follow the following steps while downloading admit card -
1.Visit RMSA, Assam’s website www.rmsaassam.in and click “Download Admit Card” link.
2. Admit card can be downloaded through any one of the following procedure
(i) Click the “Download Admit Card” button.
(ii) Enter the Application no and Date of Birth of the candidate in the respective text box.
(iii) After entering the Application no and Date of Birth of the candidate in the respective text box click the “Download” button and take the printout of the admit card.
(i) Click the “Login Form” button.
(ii) Enter the Application no as User Id and Password in the respective text box.
(iii) After entering the User Id and Password in the respective text box click the “Login” button.
(iv) After Successful login one “Download Admit Card” button will be appeared. Click the button and take the printout of the admit card.
1. Printout of admit card is necessary to enter into the examination hall for Higher Secondary TET 2013-14.
2. Candidates of the Kamrup(Metro) are requested to take their seats in the appointed examination venue on 08/02/2014 well in advance due to a public rally to be held on that day in Guwahati to avoid inconvenience.
3. Helpline no:0361- 2389955, 2389837.
Information about Teachers’ Eligibility Test (TET), 2013 for Post Graduate Teachers under Secondary Education, Assam
Click Here for detail information of Teachers’ Eligibility Test (TET) for Higher Secondary Education.
With a view to offer quality education in Provincialised Higher Secondary Schools in Assam, the Govt. of Assam has amended certain provisions of the Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service Rules, 2003 in July, 2012 and framed the Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service (Amendment) Rules, 2012. Few modifications have been made for direct recruitment for the post of Post Graduate Teachers in Provincialised Higher Secondary Schools. Further, Rule-10 of the Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service Rules, 2003 as amended provides that, in addition to such academic and professional qualification mentioned in Schedule-II for direct recruitment to the post, all candidates shall have to appear and pass in the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) conducted by the Government scoring minimum 60% marks in case of General category candidates and minimum of 55% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC & MOBC/Physically handicapped candidates. Provided further that the conduct of Teacher Eligibility Test shall be an eligibility test and does not create any right for appointment. Therefore, for recruitment of quality teachers, the Government of Assam has decided to hold Teachers’ Eligibility Test (TET) for Post Graduate Teachers in Higher Secondary Education in Assam which will be conducted tentatively in the last week of January 2014.
1. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for Post Graduate Teachers in Secondary/Senior Secondary Schools:
The Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service (Amendment) Rules, has prescribed the following qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Post graduate teachers:
- The candidates must have Masters degree ((MA/M.Sc./M.Com) with minimum 50% marks in relevant subject with B.T./B.Ed degree from any recognized University.
- However all intending candidates may note that B.T / B. Ed. Degree as a mandatory prerequisite eligibility qualification for Higher Secondary teachers stands relaxed up to 01/01/2015 in accordance with the Government Office Memorandum No ASE.324/2009/138 Dated 13th September 2012 issued by the Government of Assam in Secondary Education Department and accordingly candidates who do not possess B.T / B. Ed. Degree may also appear in the TET for Higher Secondary Education and participate in the interview if they come successfully in the Teachers’ Eligibility Test.
2. WHO CAN APPLY:
- The Candidate must be a Citizen of India.
- Age of the candidate should not be above 38 years as on 01.01.2013. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates. Age relaxation is applicable as per govt. Office Memorandum as applicable.
- Candidate must have minimum 50% marks in Masters Degree in Arts/Science/ Commerce from a recognized University with BT/B.Ed. Please note that 50% marks means 50% marks and no rounding off will be considered. No Degree other than M.A/M.Sc /M.Com will be considered.
3. Minimum qualifying marks for passing TET:
To qualify in TET Examination the candidate must score at least 60% marks in both the papers(Paper I- common to all, Paper-II-with option A,B&C) in case of general category candidates and minimum 55% marks (in both the papers) in case of SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PH Category Candidates .
Notwithstanding the minimum prescribed marks secured in TET, the number of candidates declared as ”TET QUALIFIED” would be a maximum of double the number of vacancies of Teachers and such candidates will be determined as per merit position. Please note that a candidate has to score Qualifying marks in each of the two papers(Paper I & Paper II) to become TET qualified.
4. Persons with Disability (PWD)/ Physically Handicapped(PH):
Only following category of PWD/PH persons can apply for appearing at the TET for Higher Secondary Education: those who are orthopaedically impaired or have locomotor disablity. In this regard the candidate shall obtain a certificate from competent government authority like from Social welfare Deptt/ Orthopaedic surgeon for submission to the Mission Director,RMSA,Assam. The candidate whose degree of physical disability is more than 40% are only eligible to apply, under this category.
All candidates who pass the TET will be awarded a certificate. The validity of the certificate shall be for a maximum period of 2(two) years from the date of issue of the certificate by the Empowered Committee, Government of Assam subject to the condition that the candidate otherwise fulfills the eligibility criteria prescribed for recruitment to the services in Government of Assam. Further it must be noted that, those candidates who qualify TET as per this advertisement and were not above 38 years of age as on 1/1/2013 but might cross the upper age limit in the interim period of validity of maximum 2(two) years shall be allowed to appear at any post graduate teacher recruitment interview that may be conducted by the Government of Assam within the period of 2(two) years validity.
6. Structure & Content of Test:
The examination shall be for 200 marks of 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each one of them carrying equal marks. The subject areas broadly are as follows.
|Sl. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Alloted|
Paper I (Common to all candidates)
Pedagogy, English, Basic numerical and Assam and its people.
100 Multiple choice questions
Paper II (will have three options namely option A, B & C)
A candidate can choose only one option and the choice has to be mentioned in the application form.
100 Multiple choice questions in each series
- In Paper I the basic numericals will be of Secondary standard.
- The Paper II, will have three options with weight age of question relevant to commerce (Option A), relevant to Science (Option B ) and relevant to general studies and current affairs (Option C),standard of syllabus is of Higher Secondary standard.
7. Issue and Submission of Application Form and examination schedule:
- Applications will have to be submitted online. The date of application submission, website details and application submission process will be notified shortly.
- The cost of the Application form will be Rs. 400 only.
- The Examination is proposed to be conducted in the last week of January 2014.
1. Teachers’ Eligibility Test shall be an eligibility test only, merely passing this test shall not entitle any person to claim appointment as a Teacher. TET eligible candidate have to apply for the post of Post Graduate Teacher in their concerned subjects in Provincialised Higher Secondary Schools within the period of validity, subject to the conditions that they are eligible as per prevailing Service Rules as and when advertisement is issued for the post by the concerned School Management Committee.
2. For more information on TET you may please contact all Inspector of Schools offices in the Districts or Mission Director, RMSA, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati or Office of the Director of Secondary Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati during office hours on all working days.
3. Syllabus for the TET examination is available in the following websites-